Monday 27 February 2017

Powderpuff girls

I have a strong conspiracy theory. The more beautiful and charismatic you project yourself, the more tolerant are people towards your bullshit. I observe patterns around this. You can afford to take a dump on the hall, spit in people's faces, break your boyfriend's XBOX one and still be forgiven if you go around thinking you are(and look like) Cleopatra.

So what about the (self-proclaimed) less endowed species like me and probably the one reading this article? Drop a spoon on the floor and get a sound thwack on the back! Sneeze and get your feet stomped! Scratch your nose, and get accused of nose-picking. Oh what else! Theres more.
if you and Cleo stand in an elevator and someone toots, you'll be the one who gets the stare. Obviously! Shiny people don't fart!

Strange it is. "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" they say. I don't know. I am the girl with unkempt hair , thick grimy glasses which has more fingerprints than a biometric scanner, zits and not-so-kind teeth. Oh don't wrinkle your nose, I don't smell. Hygiene is a different story altogether, and I am a few metres away from being a germaphobe. But what's the big deal? I don't spend time on (trying to) look good. I feel it is enough to look tidy and confident, than hiding under layers of thick make up. I admit it is not a heresy to wear make-up. Let us do the talk here. I sometimes try to conceal my zits with a thing called Blemish balm(cheap sticky stuff), and realized it made my zit looked like a big frosted flake stuck on my face. I ditched it.

I cannot tell you how annoying it would be when a random lady on the road walks to you and gives free dermatological advice. (yes I have been there).

Ponne(Tamil Slang for girl) , why don't you try sandalwood on your skin?

I drop the F bomb at her in my head a hundred times, take a deep breath and say "Thanks aunty." and walk away without looking back.

I realized I need not be ashamed of my flaws for pleasing other people's eyes. If they want to look at beautiful spotless skin, they can go to Zorb. If people feel you are an eyesore, don't let that get to you. Ask yourself "Will this person's opinion matter? is this person really important to you?" if the answer is yes to both, then you are with Satan. Run!!!

Looking good, and appearing shiny does have its superficial perks(?) in a lot other areas. You will be wooed at, in malls, and visually scanned by a few. And the ones that don't care will be called jealous that they don't have you or they aren't like you. Do we really need all these?

Not everyone are narcissists.

To all the normal (human) girls next door: Don't worry. the looks aren't the secret sauce. there is much more(and better things) to focus in life than thinking why aren't you getting all the eyes. A caring personality subsumes a cold powderpuff girl. You will be loved to the soul, which is much MUCH deeper than your skin, your acne and blemishes.  Wait for that one, and don't sell your skin or soul to the cute guy who wants Cleopatra. Let him fish for his shiny rainbow unicorn.

You look are beautiful.

Disclaimer: (Well,my dear Cleo, I am not really sure about the XBOX thing so don't blame me if you got a black eye).

No comments:

Post a Comment