Thursday 2 February 2017

I am curious

I am curious to hear from all the people out there.

How can someone be successful even after doing something extremely controversial? I am not talking just about wealth (even people with names like Mickey Clump get to inherit a lot of money and be successful). Is it luck? Do we subsume people like Kirby and glow with all their success? Can one rise to fame by doing small trivial things and shout from the rooftops? (braving the risk of someone throwing a brick at you, toppling down and cracking your crown). Magic potions? Secret manuscripts?

Then there are self help books.
Let me tell you- I never understand self help books.
"How to be happy and live like a king", "How to eliminate all thoughts from your mind, and be a vegetable" so on and so forth.
I believe in people who lead by example. 
Hey if you know the secrets to be a millionaire, then why aren't you one?
Would you ever go to a dentist whose teeth look like a camel who ate quesadillas? 



Or maybe you learn.
The word learn sounds overrated these days.
Yesterday I stumbled upon a word called "Hydrostatic Equilibrium" on Google to answer the question "Why are planets round?"

It said-

"The planets achieve hydrostatic equilibrium (balance between gravity and lithostatic pressure for terrestrial planets; balance between gas/fluid pressure for the gas giants).
Hydrostatic equilibrium tends to form spherical shapes since gravity is isotropic (pulls in material equally from all directions; there is no preferred direction for gravity)


Eliminating the gobbledygook Let us say-"An object is round if it has hydrostatic equilibrium"
Google also told me that the shape of our Earth is an oblate spheroid.

hover?


 Never heard that name in high school. Everything that was round was called "Circle!". Yes, even chubby people are illustrated with irregular circles by toddlers. 
That being said, Now whenever someone brings this word up, you can show off like you knew it since birth. 
Yaay!

I love to learn. Anything.  Everything. Even Random things. 

Talk to me about anything new or unheard of, and I am all ears. 
Teach me how to build a tree-house with bobby pins. Talk to about the mathematical equation to find the probability of a gorilla getting shot in Cincinnati zoo because a kid fell into the enclosure. Oh you got me. (RIP Harambe)
 
I love to learn but that cannot make me a prophet.


"Oh sweet child o mine. Learning cannot earn you anything. Prophecy, promotions or even peanuts!
 You have to apply them all. Generously. Slather them on something which you do everyday and climb the beanstalk."

These are the words which you can often see on memes signed "Anonymous". (No, I don't make memes)

You keep learning, applying them, learning more and looping on.
After you've learned enough, lost all of your mane (and most of your mind), you come to face the world only to find someone blowing a trumpet, telling you to walk off the planet. You come off as a creep!

So why risk it all in the first place?
Can we be safe and sane by just being idle, warming the couch and watching soap operas titled "Tall boys and beautiful girls rule the planet- Season 1273473277873246"? 
I don't know about sanity. I don't care but you definitely can be safe.
Because safety is very VERY important. 
Wait, who's the guy watching over my shoulder?! 

 

1 comment:

  1. I can't stop learning, it matters very little what it is but knowledge has always been something I scramble towards. Learning mathematics to understand it rather than learn by rote (or for a means to an end) is by far the thing that blows my mind often. You seem pretty cool, will read your posts from now on fellow ranter :)

    ReplyDelete